Hold on a second, before getting too excited; this is not a story on food, even though I wish it was. You're right to be thinking along those lines based off the title but it's a metaphor to see what's up with you. Personally, when I have a lot on my plate and can't organize my thoughts, I tend to feel overwhelmed. I've been using a trick to clear my head and visualize my process so I wanted to share it with you in case you've been feeling overwhelmed lately; especially in this present state of our world where nothing seems to make sense. So, let's go:
- What tasks are currently on your plate?
- Of those, which ones are in your control?
- Who can assist you if you asked them for help?
- Are there tasks on your plate that are out of your control?
- Can you delegate those?
- Could you rate your tasks from "easiest" to "hardest"?
- Which tasks have upcoming deadlines?
If ever you find yourself with a lot on your plate, try using the questions above to reduce that overwhelming feeling and reach your goals. Please edit my list with questions that better fit your situation; hope this helps. One last thing! Friendly reminder that my inbox is open for you to reach out anytime. Cheers.